UPDATE: 10/20/17. As of November 1, 2017, Amazon will require all seller accounts to set up two-step verification. This includes any VA accounts associated with your seller ID as well.
If you do not set up two-step verification, you will lose access to your seller-account, effective November 1, 2017
Set up two-step verification on all devices used to login to Amazon.
- Two-Step verification must be set up on ALL devices that you use to login to your seller-account
- After you have successfully accessed your account through the two-step verification process, you can simplify future logins on computers and devices that you routinely use. That way, you won’t need to enter a code each time you sign in.
- After setting up two-step verification on your device, the next time you enter a security code on your computer or device, check the box next to Don’t ask for codes on this device.
VA accounts or any other people accessing your seller account must also be set up with two-step verification.
- Create and issue an email for each VA that logs into your Amazon account. These can be set up for free in Gmail.
- For security purposes, VA’s should not use their own email addresses to access your account.
- You need to have control of that email, in case there is ever a problem.
- Each of these VA accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification.
Required Two-Step Verification Devices
Two-step verification requires a primary and backup verification device:
- Two phones (primary and backup)
- A phone and an authenticator app ( I recommend Google authenticator)
How to Set Up Two-Step Verification
This two-step Verification Tutorial is structured using an Authenticator App as the primary verification method. Amazon does offer the option to use your cell-phone as the primary authentication method.
If you choose to do that, the process is the same, but the cell phone and Authenticator App steps are reversed. Amazon walks you through this during setup.
The RED numbers on the images below, walk you through the process step-by-step.
Begin by logging into your Amazon seller account. If you have not set up two-step verification on that device, you will see the message below: