While Punxsutawney Phil may have seen his shadow on Groundhog Day, February 2, 2012, on the other side of the country in Seattle, WA ‘Ecommerce Phil’ popped his head out to see a very bright and sunny spring selling season online ahead!
Rather than burrowing back underground, Ecommerce Phil is busily out sourcing new products to sell during the spring and summer season.
Fueled by robust 2011 online holiday sales and a stellar 65% Q4 for 3rd party merchants on Amazon, Ecommerce Phil knows he needs to get his best spring and summer merchandise online fast!
So what products is Ecommerce Phil planning to sell online this spring and summer?
Well to plan his inventory strategy, he first took a look at his Online Marketing Calendar to see what the upcoming Spring and Summer selling seasons are. And this is what he found:
- Valentines Day
- Black History Month
- National Weddings Month
- Superbowl Sunday
- Mardi Gras
- Oscar Night
- Pre-gardening season
- Saint Patrick’s Day
- National Craft Month
- First Day of Spring
- International Guitar month
- Lawn and Garden month
- Earth Day
- Spring Break
Products to Source:
- Solar power walkway and garden lights
- Flower Bulbs
- Raised Beds
- Gardening Tools
- Yard & Deck products
- Area rugs
- Ceiling fans
- Hose Carts/Reels
- Outdoor Storage
- Solar Lights
- Pest Control
- Neon colored clothes, shoes, accessories for women and kids
- Cosmetics in new spring colors
- Handbags in spring colors and styles
- Big ride on toys for kids
- Soccer cleats/clothes
- Baby gear
- Wedding favors
- Bridal shower supplies
- Bridal accessories
- Home spa products
- Aromatherapy machines
- Super Bowl related football jersey/memorabilia
- Mardi-Gras party decorations
- Saint Patrick’s Day decorations
- Home decor in bright, spring colors
- Car care and maintenance products
- Walking/jogging clothes and accessories
- Spray on tan products
- Easter candy
- Easter decorations
- Easter costumes
- Easter books
- Eco-friendly clothing
- Eco-friendly furniture
- Eco-friendly cosmetics
- Eco-friendly health and beauty products
- Solar batteries
- BPA Free food containers
- Snowboards (source on clearance)
- Skiing products (source on clearance)
- Winter clothes/boots/accessories (source on clearance)
This is just a sampling of products that Ecommerce Phil is out sourcing!
Think about what products are new for spring and summer in your niche! Check with your wholesale suppliers. Look through your supplier catalogs.
Whether sourcing products wholesale to sell on Amazon or using arbitrage sourcing to fuel the pipeline.
It’s a fresh new selling season and online shoppers are looking for fresh new products!
What new products will you bring to the marketplace this season?
Thanks so much for sharing the information. I am seeing lot of sales for Valentines Day already. I have been selling Headphones a lot