Amazon has been doing a massive removal of product reviews this weekend.
Sellers are losing up to hundreds or thousands of product reviews on a single product.
This review sweep is targeted at removing fake, purchased, and incentivized reviews.
However, legitimate customer product reviews are also getting caught in the net and removed in this sweep.
Additionally, if you’ve had product reviews removed, Amazon has likely made your product ineligible to receive future product reviews.
So whether you have or have not participated in obtaining fraudulent product reviews, keep reading to find out what to do next…
1. Review your product pages to see if you’ve lost any product reviews.
2. If you’ve participated in any kind of Amazon TOS violating review manipulation and those reviews have been removed, they are gone for good.
3. If you’ve participated in any kind of Amazon TOS violating review manipulation and those reviews have not yet been removed, they will be.
4. If you’ve had legitimate product reviews removed, and Amazon determines they are legitimate, they may be restored upon further review by Amazon.
5. If you are doing ANY kind of TOS violating review manipulation including:
- Purchased reviews
- Incentivized reviews
- Rebating reviewers with PayPal or cash
- Pay with reviews by gift card
- Giveaways to get reviews
- Selling products at a deep discount to get reviews
- Friend, family or acquaintance reviews
Amazon is out to remove these reviews and sellers who are abusing the review policies.
6. If you participate in Facebook review groups, get out NOW.
Amazon is in many of the Facebook review groups, and they know who is participating in these TOS violating practices.
Even if you think you’re in a super, secret, safe review group, you’re not.
7. If you participate in giveaway groups, or deep discount groups, get out NOW.
Amazon is not messing around this time.
8. If you are paying a super black hat ninja with all the guarantees that “his way” is safe, it’s not.
9. If you have participated in any of the TOS violating activities above, there is nothing you can do except wait and see what happens to your reviews.
If you are a long-time reader, you know I don’t support or teach Amazon Terms of Service violating strategies.
Not only is it not ethical, it’s not a sustainable way to do business.
I knew this review removal sweep would happen at some point (didn’t think it would take this long.)
But I also know that many of you have participated in these practices and are now worried about your sales and your business now that you’ve lost a high percentage of fake product reviews.
I want to assure you that you can rebuild your sales, and this time do it in a sustainable way.
But first, take the steps above to prevent further trouble!
Valentine’s Day bundles are a GREAT seasonal bundling opportunity.
In fact, “love” themed bundles sell on Amazon all year around.
Here are 5 tips to help you create a top selling Valentine’s Day or Love themed bundle:
1. Theme your bundle to a specific recipient. Is this a bundle for men, women, boys, girls, pets, a boss, friend, parent, or grandparent?
Buyers are looking for the perfect Valentines gift, they aren’t looking for something generic.
So get that specific gift recipient in mind, and start bundling!
2. Packaging is everything! You don’t need to spend a lot of money on fancy packaging, you can find inexpensive red, pink, white, black boxes, tissue paper or cellophane wrap at the dollar store. The key is to make sure your packaging is attractive and matches your bundle.
Good, themed packaging will also increase your sales.
3. Take a great primary image that includes all the items in your bundle (and nothing more.) Valentine’s Day is a very visual holiday and the gift giver wants their gift recipient to say “wow” when they see their gift!
It all starts with having a great primary image on Amazon.
Be sure and follow Amazon’s image standards for your primary image. Use good lighting and a pure white background. And make sure the buyer can clearly see all the components of your bundle.
4. Scour dollar stores, big box stores and specialty stores for Valentine’s Day bundle components. Local stores are already running sales on Valentine’s Day or Love themed products. Which means great inventory opportunities for you!
You can also source great Valentine’s or Love themed inventory online via online arbitrage. You may not have enough time to use this inventory for this year’s Valentine’s Day bundles, but you can definitely create Love themed bundles to sell the rest of the year.
5. Don’t sell any brands in your bundle that you are restricted from selling individually. Before you purchase name brand inventory for your Valentine’s Day or Love themed bundle, make sure you have access to sell these items individually.
Even if you had access to sell a brand last year, it doesn’t mean that you are still approved to sell it. Amazon has restricted a lot of brands since Valentine’s 2017.
And of course, if you come across a restricted brand, don’t include it in your bundle.
Then, have fun and be creative with your Valentine’s bundles! It’s the season of love, romance and friendship, so pick a theme and let your creativity flow!
And enjoy your Valentine’s Day or Love themed bundle sales!
They are definitely sweet. 🙂
For a step-by-step class on how to create Amazon bundles that sell, check out my Amazon Bundles course. Amazon bundles is the only program of it’s kind that shows you step-by-step how to design, list, sell and market product bundles on Amazon. With a unique methodology and over 100+ ideas of bundles that you can begin creating today!
UPDATE: 10/20/17. As of November 1, 2017, Amazon will require all seller accounts to set up two-step verification. This includes any VA accounts associated with your seller ID as well.
If you do not set up two-step verification, you will lose access to your seller-account, effective November 1, 2017
Set up two-step verification on all devices used to login to Amazon.
- Two-Step verification must be set up on ALL devices that you use to login to your seller-account
- After you have successfully accessed your account through the two-step verification process, you can simplify future logins on computers and devices that you routinely use. That way, you won’t need to enter a code each time you sign in.
- After setting up two-step verification on your device, the next time you enter a security code on your computer or device, check the box next to Don’t ask for codes on this device.
Note: Sometimes the trusted setting may reset itself for a number of reasons beyond Amazon’s control. For example, your device may need to be updated or reset, you may have recently cleared your cache or cookies, or there have been other program downloads. In this case, you will need to set up two-step verification again.
VA accounts or any other peoplepeople accessing your seller account must also be set up with two-step verification.
- Create and issue an email for each VA that logs into your Amazon account. These can be set up for free in Gmail.
- For security purposes, VA’s should not use their own email addresses to access your account.
- You need to have control of that email, in case there is ever a problem.
- Each of these VA accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification.
Required Two-Step Verification Devices
Two-step verification requires a primary and backup verification device:
- Two phones (primary and backup)
- A phone and an authenticator app ( I recommend Google authenticator)
How to Set Up Two-Step Verification
This two-step Verification Tutorial is structured using an Authenticator App as the primary verification method. Amazon does offer the option to use your cell-phone as the primary authentication method.
If you choose to do that, the process is the same, but the cell phone and Authenticator App steps are reversed. Amazon walks you through this during setup.
The RED numbers on the images below, walk you through the process step-by-step.
Begin by logging into your Amazon seller account. If you have not set up two-step verification on that device, you will see the message below:
This year, Easter is projected to be an $18+ billion dollar selling season (last year sales of Easter products raked in $17.3 billion dollars).
And while you may think Easter is all about selling candy (2.4 billion in 2016) – there are many other non-food categories that saw a huge boost in sales:
– – $2.7 billion spent on Easter gifts
– – $3 billion spent on clothing
– – $1 billion on decorations and party supplies
– – $2.5 billion on home goods
This year, consumers are projected to spend 26.9% more online on Easter purchases.
So how can YOU capitalize on this lucrative selling season?
The easiest way is by creating Easter themed bundles.
With products that you can source from local stores or online.
Every year, they sell like CRAZY on Amazon.
Here are 11 ideas to get you started!
- Girls Easter hat, gloves, purse & necklace (you can find these items on sale at dollar stores right now)
- Easter party decorations – mix and match some cool prints and patterns (this is one of my favoites!)
- Boy themed pre-made Easter baskets – package candy, a toy, a nice basket and wrap it in brightly colored plastic with a bow!
- Girl themed pre-made Easter baskets – package candy, a toy, a nice basket and wrap it in brightly colored plastic with a bowl
- Socks and nail polish basket (fun spring designs and colors can be sourced at discount stores)
- Easter window cling assortment (these sell out really fast in stores, so people head to Amazon to shop.)
- Easter home decoration bundle (Easter decorations sell out quickly in stores, so people head to Amazon)
- Easter tree with ornaments (check the craft stores)
- Gluten Free Easter basket
- Easter Egg Hunt bundle – Extra large, large and medium plastic eggs. Toys, rings, candy, stickers
- And of course food themed bundles! Easter candy, cookies, chips, crackers, organic foods, healthy foods… think creatively!
So, now that I have the wheels turning, here’s the other half of successfully selling Easter bundles. 🙂
You can’t just put a few products together, call it a bundle and hope that it will sell!
1. You MUST create an optimized product page for your bundle on Amazon, so people find your bundle when searching (or your bundle won’t sell)
2. You MUST package your bundle correctly. It has to present well
3. You must price your bundle correctly
4. And write good sales copy that SELLs your bundle.
5. You need to get your bundle listed on Amazon SOON – Easter shoppers are beginning to shop NOW.
If you’ve never created a bundle before, or have never created a successful bundle, my step-by-step Amazon Bundles training will walk you through the process.
To help you ramp up quickly, right now you can SAVE 20% on the training that has helped thousands of Amazon merchants sell bundles profitably.
Amazon Bundles is the only step-by-step training that teaches you how to:
Use the Coupon Code: Easter17 at checkout.
http://amazonbundles.com >> Get the details here
No matter what you currently sell, the Easter selling season is a great way to boost your sales over the next 6 weeks AND get you started selling profitable bundles on Amazon.
That means it’s time to start getting your spring inventory into Amazon FBA and creating your spring marketing calendar.
Did you know there are more than 30 selling seasons between March and the end of June?
No matter what you sell, take a look at the calendar below and you’ll find a season that you can capitalize on!
And if you miss these, you’ll leave money on the table… read more…
There are a lot of moving parts to growing a financially successful Amazon sales channel. While most anyone can sell on Amazon, selling profitably is a completely different ball game.
Regardless of what you sell, whether your business is big or small, there are common characteristics that are shared by financially solid Amazon sellers.
Today, I want to share 8 traits of a financially successful Amazon seller with you.
1. They know their numbers. Financially successful Amazon business owners review their P&L (profit & loss) report each month.
- Knowing your expenses, controlling your expenses, and knowing your bottom line profit every month is key to building a solid, profitable business.