As of 6/19/2017, Amazon has decided NOT to require 2-Step Verification to be implemented by all sellers on 6/30.
However, some seller accounts are still being prompted to set up 2-Step Verification.
Even though 2-Step Verification is not required, I still recommend setting it up for your own account protection.
Amazon has had a LOT of problems with seller accounts being hacked. In fact, hacking into active (or old) accounts is one way the “Just Listed” sellers have been using accounts with good feedback to hijack listings.
So, if you have not yet set up Two-Step Verification, I highly recommend that you do it now.
Two Step Verification Set-Up Tutorial
This two-step Verification Tutorial is structured using an Authenticator App as the primary verification method. Amazon does offer the option to use your cell-phone as the primary authentication method.
If you choose to do that, the process is the same, but the cell phone and Authenticator App steps are reversed. Amazon walks you through this during setup.
The RED numbers on the images below, walk you through the process step-by-step.
This year, Easter is projected to be an $18+ billion dollar selling season (last year sales of Easter products raked in $17.3 billion dollars).
And while you may think Easter is all about selling candy (2.4 billion in 2016) – there are many other non-food categories that saw a huge boost in sales:
– – $2.7 billion spent on Easter gifts
– – $3 billion spent on clothing
– – $1 billion on decorations and party supplies
– – $2.5 billion on home goods
This year, consumers are projected to spend 26.9% more online on Easter purchases.
So how can YOU capitalize on this lucrative selling season?
The easiest way is by creating Easter themed bundles.
With products that you can source from local stores or online.
Every year, they sell like CRAZY on Amazon.
Here are 11 ideas to get you started!
- Girls Easter hat, gloves, purse & necklace (you can find these items on sale at dollar stores right now)
- Easter party decorations – mix and match some cool prints and patterns (this is one of my favoites!)
- Boy themed pre-made Easter baskets – package candy, a toy, a nice basket and wrap it in brightly colored plastic with a bow!
- Girl themed pre-made Easter baskets – package candy, a toy, a nice basket and wrap it in brightly colored plastic with a bowl
- Socks and nail polish basket (fun spring designs and colors can be sourced at discount stores)
- Easter window cling assortment (these sell out really fast in stores, so people head to Amazon to shop.)
- Easter home decoration bundle (Easter decorations sell out quickly in stores, so people head to Amazon)
- Easter tree with ornaments (check the craft stores)
- Gluten Free Easter basket
- Easter Egg Hunt bundle – Extra large, large and medium plastic eggs. Toys, rings, candy, stickers
- And of course food themed bundles! Easter candy, cookies, chips, crackers, organic foods, healthy foods… think creatively!
So, now that I have the wheels turning, here’s the other half of successfully selling Easter bundles. 🙂
You can’t just put a few products together, call it a bundle and hope that it will sell!
1. You MUST create an optimized product page for your bundle on Amazon, so people find your bundle when searching (or your bundle won’t sell)
2. You MUST package your bundle correctly. It has to present well
3. You must price your bundle correctly
4. And write good sales copy that SELLs your bundle.
5. You need to get your bundle listed on Amazon SOON – Easter shoppers are beginning to shop NOW.
If you’ve never created a bundle before, or have never created a successful bundle, my step-by-step Amazon Bundles training will walk you through the process.
To help you ramp up quickly, right now you can SAVE 20% on the training that has helped thousands of Amazon merchants sell bundles profitably.
Amazon Bundles is the only step-by-step training that teaches you how to:
Use the Coupon Code: Easter17 at checkout.
http://amazonbundles.com >> Get the details here
No matter what you currently sell, the Easter selling season is a great way to boost your sales over the next 6 weeks AND get you started selling profitable bundles on Amazon.
That means it’s time to start getting your spring inventory into Amazon FBA and creating your spring marketing calendar.
Did you know there are more than 30 selling seasons between March and the end of June?
No matter what you sell, take a look at the calendar below and you’ll find a season that you can capitalize on!
And if you miss these, you’ll leave money on the table… read more…
There are a lot of moving parts to growing a financially successful Amazon sales channel. While most anyone can sell on Amazon, selling profitably is a completely different ball game.
Regardless of what you sell, whether your business is big or small, there are common characteristics that are shared by financially solid Amazon sellers.
Today, I want to share 8 traits of a financially successful Amazon seller with you.
1. They know their numbers. Financially successful Amazon business owners review their P&L (profit & loss) report each month.
- Knowing your expenses, controlling your expenses, and knowing your bottom line profit every month is key to building a solid, profitable business.
If you’re wondering how to grow your Amazon sales in 2017, these are the top four growth opportunities on Amazon this year.
In this 13 minute video, you’ll learn what these top 4 opportunities are, and how they will help you build a more solid, profitable, Amazon sales channel in 2017.
Major news from Amazon today. Effective immediately Amazon has banned ALL incentivized reviews.
This means NO more:
- Discounted Reviews
- Free Product Reviews
- Review Services
- Review Clubs
- Review by Family or Friends
I’ve been predicting this would happen for the past two years. I suspected it would happen before Q4 2016.
It finally has and it’s a good thing.
This had to happen because too many ill-intentioned sellers abused the review system. And it’s killing the credibility of the Amazon marketplace.
For the past few years I’ve been preaching about not relying on promotional reviews.
The Amazon marketplace is flooded with them and it was only a matter of time before Amazon had to take action.
Frankly, I’m surprised it took this long.
Buyers don’t trust the product reviews any more.
And reviews have ALWAYS been a cornerstone of the Amazon marketplace.
But in 2011, there were courses that started teaching people to get hundreds of incentivized reviews to manipulate sales rank.
That process has always been wrong.
It’s just that a new generation of sellers were taught that this is how you compete.
And it’s not.
In fact, if I ran Amazon, I would remove all the current incentivized reviews from the marketplace and level the playing field for ALL products.
Now, the product and the seller will have to earn sales the old-fashioned way – with a good product, a good product page and using external traffic to drive sales.
Is This the End of Private Label/Branded Products?
This absolutely DOESN’T mean the end of private label or new branded products. Just the opposite!
This is the best thing that can happen for all marketplace sellers.
It means that ALL products will start from a level playing field of 0 reviews.
It means that sellers and products will have to EARN real reviews.
It means that new sellers need to learn how to run a real ecommerce business:
- How to write product pages for search and conversion
- How to take good photos of their products
- How to price and position their products
- How to source products that aren’t saturated
- How to drive external traffic to those products to generate sales
- How to write a good post-sale followup email that will inspire the customer to WANT to leave an organic review.
What to Do Now
- On Tuesday, I held a 90 minute Facebook LIVE training on how you can sell successfully without getting promotional reviews.
Click the link below, Like my Facebook page and view the video!
2. If you have incentivized Amazon reviews in progress, DON’T have them posted. This policy is effective immediately and Amazon will suspend accounts that post incentivized reviews from here forward!
Contact your reviewer NOW and tell them not to post their review.
If a post-policy change review appears on your page, proactively contact Amazon and tell them that the review had been in progress prior to the policy change and you’d like it deleted.
DON’T leave it on your product page and risk account suspension.
I have a LOT more to share with you to help you learn a new way of doing business on Amazon. Let’s start with the Facebook LIVE event today!
3. The above changes apply to ALL product categories other than books. Amazon states “We will continue to allow the age-old practice of providing advance review copies of books.”
4. There ARE no workarounds! Already there are posts on Facebook on how to get around this. No means no. A red stoplight means stop.
DON’T try and look for another way to scam the Amazon system. Learn how to build a REAL business WITHIN Amazon’s Terms of Service. Something that you can run and be profitable with for the long haul.
Amazon will continue to shut the the black hat strategies.
SPAMMING buyers with post-sale follow up emails is next.
They have to clean up the marketplace or there will not be a marketplace. It’s taken them WAAAAY to long to crack down on this stuff, but they are awake now and on a roll to clean things up.
5. Always remember: “You don’t need to cheat to compete.” – Lisa Suttora.
Here are just two examples of my clients who have built a multi-six and seven figure business by staying completely within Amazon’s TOS.